Banko Design is looking for new team members to help ignite IMPACT in the multifamily, senior living, and hospitality industry through BOLD design. We are searching for lead designers who can take projects from start to finish with a sense of ownership, accountability, and enthusiasm!
Can you say “YES!” to any of these?
- Have you worked at other firms where you just didn’t feel like you found “your people”?
- Feel like your passion and SPARK went unappreciated or unnoticed?
- Do you enjoy working on a collaborative team?
- Do you enjoy service, people, and being an ADVOCATE not only for design but for the greater community?
- Are you an innovator and a boundary breaker?
- Do you have ENERGY and ENTHUSIASM for your craft?
You’ll love and be successful in this role because you will:
- Collaborate directly with the founder, principal, and studio director
- Touch ALL our major verticals: multifamily, senior living, and hospitality
- Be tasked with the creation of unique, individual designs (duplicates not allowed!)
- Have our firm invest in you and your career
- Be highly client facing
- Be encouraged and supported to attend and participate in company events, tradeshows, industry memberships, and conferences
- Have the opportunity and trajectory to become your own brand under our BD Studio Collection Portfolio
Qualifications you’ll need to crush this role:
- 4-year degree in interior design preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in design leadership
- Must draw in CAD & REVIT (preferred)
- Proven leadership of junior designers and teammates
- Understanding of entire design lifecycle: concept through construction
- Stellar FF&E (furniture, fixtures, & Equipment) selection and design
- Collaborative attitude and mentorship leader style
- Proven history in client management and relationship building
About this Role
We do things differently here! Banko is a curated group of designers who are INVESTED in the brand, the work, the clients, and each other.
This position reports with the founder of Banko Design, the Principal, and the Studio Director. As a project lead you will champion the work and the client. This role is highly interactive with the team, our in-house procurement agency, and our clients.
We are searching for DRIVEN, entrepreneurial-minded team members who enjoy and thrive off a growth-minded studio. We are winners, we are hard workers, we are flexible and resilient. We are also a little wacky, a little goofy, and a group of every evolving artists.
Do you have the desire and perspective to work somewhere like no other? We’d love to hear from you.
Please send resumes and a sample portfolio to email@example.com
The Interview Process
How it works when you apply to join #TeamBanko:
- An introductory 30-minute Microsoft Teams Video Call to see if we’re a right fit.
- An in-person interview with your team leader.
- A final, in-person interview with your team leader and Melissa Banko!
After the interview process, you’ll be notified within 1-2 weeks on the status of your application!
Ready to join #TeamBanko?